Tuesday, December 14, 2004

It's a spiritual thing ...

So there we have it. Big Ron and the programme on why he said what he said. It brings about a lot of debate, but can be summed up in two sentances from the programme.

"When I was a lad, we used to call them (THEM????? ) 'Darkies' not the N word"

and the one about Ronald Reagan when the chap said ...

"Ronald said when he was growing up America didn't have race issues, that was unless you where black."

It's quite an eye opener. Well it is for me anyway having grown up in a predominantly white area through the 80's and having seen the perceptions of black people, white people, cultures and everything that goes with it. Personally I don't see the problem, although some people have a problem with me ... but hey they'll get over it.

I do like Darcus Howe ... although he grates on a lot of people.

The Youth team got beaten in the FA Youth Cup last night. 1-0 in extra time. A bit of a shame given the high profile the lads have been getting over the last few months, but maybe they are not as good as we are led to believe.

I had a fairly uneventful journey to work today. I was listening to a Paul "Trouble" Anderson mix and had a smile on my face most of the way. I quite like it when I'm left to nod my head on the train. I do get some weird stares though ... but I say WTF.

My tune of the day: In love with a thug - Snoop Dog

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com