Monday, December 20, 2004

It's a Scottish thing ...

So there I am in the small shop round the corner. A bottle of Lucozade and a bag of crisps. It's only 80 pence but I've just pulled out a Scottish fiver. I might have well have taken a dump in the middle of the shop. No, no ... and a double no. He wasn't going to take it. I stand there looking at him, saying it's Scottish and it's real. He's not having any of it. So after a 10 minute stand off, I've convinced him that it's genuine and if his boss has a problem I'll see him next time I'm in. Given that I'm in there everyday it's a sad moment. So it got me to thinking, why do we have Scottish banknotes? Why are they valid if England? Why do most people not want to accept them? All this on a Monday morning ... roll on the Fulham.

It's been another strange weekend. No football to speak of, lots of drinking, food ... and very little sleep. So all good in other words.

This was the weekend that Chris Powell finally left the ship and sailed through the Blackwell Tunnel to Wet Spam. The first Charlton player in my lifetime to get picked for an England Squad and to actually play. I remember that I was in Scotland, just outside Hamilton when the news of Chrissys inclussion came through. There were text messages flying around everywhere and it was a proud moment to think that one of ours had been picked to represent England. And as much as Southend and Derby want him, I do mean one of our own. Chrissy what a man, what a legend. Oh, and I won't mention that World Cup suit.

So what's all this about Jimmi Harkishin? You know Dev out of Corrie. At what point do you get filmed taking a line? Given that you're on the telly!!! Smile Jimmi ... you're on Candid Camera.

It's footie tonight. We're home to Fulham. I seem to remember they always turn us over. I won't be holding my breathe. It's a cold Monday night, on the telly ... just before Christmas ... need 3 points.

My tune of the day: Santa Claus go straight to the Ghetto - James Brown

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com