Monday, December 13, 2004

Arise Queen Kelly ...

Well she won it. The BBC Sports Personality of the Year that is. But then again who else was in the running. Paula, Freddy, Frankie, Ben or Ronnie. There you go, not a very inspiring list, but hey.

So Britains Heavyweight hope Danny Williams took a hell of a battering. He hung on for 8 rounds but really never looked like stepping up to the plate. It really goes to show how bad Mike Tyson has become, and how one win however deserved, however lucky can put you in a place you don't want to be.

Talking of places I don't want to be, it was at 5 o'clock on Saturday standing at one end of Portobelo Road that I wapped the Charlton score and cheered as it came up with a 1-0 win. The days of me either going to the game or trying to find the score at 3:05 have long gone. It's a shame but I think I have finally grown up. Saying that, I did sit down to watch the 50 minutes highlights on Sky on Saturday night. I have to take my hat off to Danny Murphy. I've not been his greatest fan but all our play did seem to come through him, or that's what the TV showed, and Bartletts miss wasn't as bad as everyone has made out. You have to be there to miss'em ... don't you Mr Owen.

Anyway another 1-0 away win, after we beat Chrystal Palarse last week. I'm not sure if I mentioned it? We are up to 8th place and it's all quite surreal. We haven't been playing that well, but we are now above Bolton and are hot on Liverpools heels.

I can't go on without mentioning the X-factor thing. Good old Steve got slated by Sharon Osbourne and ended up winning. Well he's got an average voice for an average joe, but the X-FACTOR he ain't. They're also trying to say he's a bit of a heartthrob, hmmm ... well if that's the case I appologies to Batnie for doubting your looks. And no I'm not looking for a lift to Soton on Boxing Day, so you're okay there Bern.

I haven't had a moan about commuting for some time. But I think I've reached a point where every day there's something that happens that pishes me off. From Mr Base Shoes Man treading on my delicate feet, through to Mrs I ate all the pies breaking wind. Now they are rejigging the timetables, and not allowing you to book tickets through the Christmas period. Oh well ... let the train take the strain ...

My tune of the day: You dazzle me - Dazzle

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com