Monday, January 31, 2005

One of those days ...

It's FA Cup 5th round draw day and the final day of the transfer window. So it could be quite interesting. However I just get that feeling that it's going to be one of those days. So what makes me believe that? Well I just know.

I got up this morning to realise that I had put my 3 week old annual travel card in the wash. Luckily it was a 40 degree cycle not a bleedin boil wash. Also luckily you can still make out what it is, even though it's a tad sodden. The lady at Cannon Street told me I should come back when it's dry. She has to put it through the machine and if it's too wet it will rip it to shreds. Silly me.

I also got in to work today at 07:55. There was an appointment scheduled for 08:15 and the reception doesn't open until 9. I gave the chap my number to call when he was downstairs so I could let him in. So I had a sense of feeling that I needed to be there. Guess what? He never showed up. Yep, he called at 10:00 to give some cock and bull. Jeez, I could have had an extra half hour in bed. Some would say I need all the beauty sleep I can get.

What with the transfer window being hours away, Charlton have announced that Graham "Bobby" Stuart has departed for Narwich. I would say that he's been a saint. He never let us down in five and a half years that he was with us. I remember his debut and goal at West Ham, when Johnny Barnes ran the show. Oh how time flies. I would say that I am surprised that he lasted this long. We signed him from Sheffield United and he seemed to be on the way down. But then again what do I actually know? Nothing ...

I do remember Curbs saying that he wouldn't let anyone go unless we got someone in. So I don't expect anymore activity then this afternoon.

I was thinking about the Liverpool game tomorrow. It will be quite weird seeing the Pool without that little shit Owen in their team. Ever time we play them, we all sit there as he tries to win himself a penalty. He goes to ground more times than Heskey, and that's saying something.

I had one of those quiet weekends. I was meant to go out on Saturday but was let down by the usual suspects. No call, phones ringing through. Typical I say ... just let me know. I ended up watching the Bourne Supremacy and American Idol. I know how to live.

My tune of the day: Ma Mi Mama - Louie Vega

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com