Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Poor old Jeff ...

Well, I deliberately didn't tell the tale of Jeff "Bones" Prior scoring a spectacular own goal on Saturday. I didn't think it was necessary. Poor old Jeff, making his first appearance in a number of months wellied the ball some 20 yards past the startled keeper. His own keeper. There was no moaning, groaning at the time ... so I didn't want to be the first to bring it up. But Jeff thinks he missed out. Missed out on his chance of being ridiculed. Oh well.

I would have to say that the own goal was definitely spectacular. It was without doubt the best/ worst own goal seen for many a year. It would take Poor old Jeff a good few years to repeat the task, but I don't think he has a few years left in his playing career. But he has more than Bern.

So Jeff, I hope tat helps in your quest for world domination ...

Winter is finally here. It's f'n cold. So I put my thermals on, my sheepskin boots, my padded jacket and shades before I set off to work. I then got on the train to be greeted by the hottest place this side of the equator. Yep, somebody at British Rail had stoked the fire. So we all stood there sweating, coughing and spluttering.

I was going to go to the Ressies last night. It was at the Valley and it was against Leicester. But you know what? I couldn't be bothered. I couldn't brag myself to get in the car and drive 20 minutes to SE7. It may have had something to do with my desire for my bed. I was so knackered. Maybe my 27 years have caught up on me. Anyway they won 2-0, Lisbie got sent off ... and according to Smudge, Curbs looked like a chav in a burb scarf.

I see that Wetherspoons is banning smoking. Yep all it's pubs will be smoke free zones from May 2006. Now please can you tell me what that's about? May 2006!!!! You either do it or you don't. No smoking ... NOW, or just leave it. I think they may ban drinking yet ... you never know.

I did laugh this morning when I saw Mark Hughes going on about El-Hadji Diouf diving to win the game for Bolton. I seem to remember Mark Hughes fall to the ground after colliding with Carl Tiler up at Everton a good few years ago. Tiler got the red and we went on to lose 3-0. Hughesy ... get over yourself ...

My tune of the day: Open Sesame - Kool and the Gang

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com