Tuesday, January 04, 2005

And a Happy New Year to you ...

Well, I finally took the time to get back on line and wish everyone a 'Appy New Year'. I decided to have a three day break from the web to see if I missed it, and you know what ... I did. Yep, I missed the fact that I can keep in contact with friends at the drop of a hat, missed the fact that I can search for anything I so wish, from the hopeless fools I support right through to buying tat off of ebay. I'm currently bidding on another pair of boots, like I need new clothes/ shoes ... that should be my resolution.

Anyway, it's 2005 and we are all doing exactly the same things as we always have. Joining a gym, deciding to eat healthier, giving up smoking, booking a summer holiday ... looking forward to the FA Cup 3rd round. It's actually quite laughable.

I've made a conscious effort to have a resolution that I can stick to. Something positive, that will benefit me. Oh and guess what? It's damn hard. I decided that I've been too hard on myself, and infact too nice to other people and that needs to change. I need to call it the way I see it. actually take no prisoners, pull no punches. Call the proverbial spade a spade. But I'm not too sure that will work!! People don't take me seriously enough, so I may be onto a loser. But I'm going to give it a go.

At about 5:15 last night I was feeling sorry for the 300 odd sods who had made their way up to Blackburn to see us roll over and die. The 300 or so that had to jump on a plane, train or automobile to go half the length of the country to see us huff and puff around, and then listen to Curbo say that maybe he made a mistake with the team selection. Oh righty .... he maybe made a mistake, MAYBE. So what's the point of a squad?? What's the point of Euell and Konch? NO, what's the point of JJ???

I finally got an email off of Timbo in Thailand. You would have thought that nothing had happened from the tone of it. Oh well as long as he's alright.

Seems like the English cricket team have fallen off of the wagon. I'm sure that the Aussies are quacking ...

My tune of the day: Who needs love - Incognito

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com