Monday, January 24, 2005

My legs are killing me ...

In fact I jest. I was a little tired but not too bad after running around on a football pitch on Saturday. The Carlton Internet team made a reappearance, in a match against the Hayes Lane Ultrix ... well Bromley supporters. We actually won 3-1 so it was a great way to start the weekend. It was quite funny being asked why none of us were going to Everton. Maybe due to the fact that I haven't seen us win there, the pricing of matches, the pricing of travel, the standard of travel ... you all know what I'm talking about. It also seems I have a point. Trains from Euston were suspended on Saturday morning due to a fatality in Brum, and engineering works. It took the inspector six and a half hours to get to Goodison. Now I've been there done that ...

Anyway that aside, the boys pulled off another 1-0 victory. They are becoming a very hardworking, industrious unit and if you think that Everton are currently fourth in the table that result is just the ticket. It's funny that when a team don't play well Charlton don't get the credit. It's not us stopping them playing but them having an off day. Marcus Bent had his worst ever game ... but nothing to do with the ELK or Fortune having him in their pocket. Oh well ... bring on Yeovil. You know where I'm going with that though ... don't you.

I had a good Saturday night. Out at the Poet in the City with the Plaistow lot, Claire, Matt, Ruth, Keely, Alex. We seemed to be the first there and the last out. I'm not sure how that works either ... but it was a good night out.

I just had a look at fridays contibution. I actually got 9 comments which must be a record ... but it's quite disappointing that people still want to identify themselves, or give a clue to who they may be. Some do ... and I find it funny when I can work it out, but hey if you want to hide behind your moniker you keyboard warriors you ... well!!!!

Bez won Celebrity BB ... it actually died on it's feet, the old damp squib, but good luck to him. The sixth series starts in a few weeks so I'm sure I'll have some comments to make. Personally I can't think of anything worst than sitting in that house for two months ...

I've just had a great bannana and papaya smoothie. This afternoon I'm going to have a pear and kiwi fruit one. I know how to live ...!!!

My tune on the day: Set them free - Kenny Bobien

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com