Sunday, January 30, 2005

Missed the boat ...

Right then. We beat the green and white striped demi-gods. Well I say that, because that's the way they have been perceived by public and press alike. Yes, yes ... lets take nothing away from them. Let's use words like capable, plucky, resilient, footballers ... lets give them the praise they deserve and lets pat tem on the back. Then lets see them off to concentrate on the job in hand.

Having seen the addicks huff and puff against the likes of Dagenham, Walsall, Gillingham and even Exeter over the last few seasons, I'm putting Saturdays performance right up there. We were never behind, we played within ourselves ... and we got lucky with the ELKS goalline clearance with minutes remaining. But that's a load of what ifs. What id your mother was your father???? Yeah, yeah ...

It was actually interesting seeing the team go back to a 4-4-2 formation, giving Bartlett another body up the top. Having read about Frannys lack of faith in Curbs I was hoping for a lot more from the Scouser. To say I was disappointed, well is an understatement. If I had it all to prove I would have put a bit more into it than Franny did. When he lost the ball he just skulked back. People have the audacity to have a go at Lisbie!!! At least he chases back, creates his own chances ... and wants to play for the team. That's not what I saw from our Franny. Anyway ... what do I know, I'm just one amongst a mass.

Yippee, lets all give Yeovil a big hand. Yes, littleuns ... time for bed.

It was a strange place the Valley on Saturday. I fortook my usual seat and went up the back of the North Upper. I was able to stand for the whole game, and was able to join in with a whole 90 minutes of vocal support. All in all, there were about 30 people doing the same. A few others joined in sporadically, and a few times there was a "na .. na .. na" and a clap around the whole ground. It's not what I would say a fearsome, partisan crowd. It's a middle England ... sit back and entertain us sort of crowd. The sort that seems to be bused in from Folkestone. Hey, but what do I know ... we've got loads of seats to fill. Especially when the ground goes up to 40 thousand. Hey what do I know !!!!

Anyway we are in the hat ... and thats what's important.

My tune of the day: When the red red robin - Billy Cotton and his band


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com