Thursday, January 20, 2005

You can wear that with jeans ...

I seem to remember a poll some time ago asking Charlton fans what their preferred colour for the away kit would be. I also remember that the majority of people thought it should be white with maybe red or black shorts. Now it's occurred to me that the club will be launching new home and away kits next summer and I've staking my reputation on the fact that we will have a white away kit. It's going to be white with a smidging of red on it, around the collar, under the arms ... you get the picture. But I'm not feeling it. We won't be able to wear it at Southampton, even at Sunderland if they get promoted, at Arsenal it's a bit silly given their red and white thing. So I say this, what's the point in an away shirt. I thought it was to wear if the home kit clashed with the team you were playing. That would mean that the home team would be wearing red and white, or some play on those colours. Which would mean, or should mean that we wear a kit that doesn't have red or er, white. Maybe yellow, maybe blue ... okay maybe not, maybe a black and pink combo. That would be my choice ... a la Juventus, a black and pink striped number. I can see the fatties now, I'll have the new away kit in XXXL ... oh and the matching pink shorts ...

Word on the street is that next Monday, 24th January will be the worst for winter blues. So what's the difference between this monday coming and last monday? Or the monday after that? Or after that? A monday is a monday, is a monday. They all sh*te ...

Word is also out that porridge is the new black. Sales of porridge are on the increase, and it's supposedly good for getting rid of fat necks!!!!

My tune of the day: Love won't give up - Kenny Bobien

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com