Monday, January 17, 2005

Feed the ELK ...

It's a funny old game ... given that we hadn't beaten Brum at home in the Premier league. When Super Mario equalized I think we were all sitting there thinking "Ere we go again!" But credit where credits due, old Curbo went back to the old 4-4-2 and blimey what happened. Two strikers on the pitch, they start passing to each other ... and Bobs yer uncle, two goals. It's easy ... it's an easy game this footie.

I would have to say it was a typically crap middle of the table game. Lots of thwacking the ball up from both teams. But Brum had two big strikers so they were utilising the thwacking a bit better than we were. Bartlett was trying, in fact he won a few headers but there wasn't anyone to head the damn ball onto. It's actually quite interesting, and I think quite worrying to see the flack that some of the players get. Bartlett for example is constantly the butt of criticism. I don't see it myself, as he runs, jumps heads the ball. He even scored a goal ... whoopeee ... so I'm not sure what else he could do. But then again some people want the moon on a stick, no, no ... no .. they want Ronaldo or Jimmy Greaves on a stick. Come on people we can only play with what we've got ... get behind the boys.

I had a nice Sunday. I actually made it over to Columbia Road to have a look at the flower market. I've been putting it off for months, but I went over to Bethnal Green to see Duncan. It was good to see him now he's out of rehab, and it was quite eye opening to hear the stories. The sectioning was one for the book. I would say that Columbia Road is well worth a visit. Go with twenty quid and you will come home with a house full. My front room is a haven for exotic flowers. I may have to do it more often.

So at what point do you stop wishing people a happy new year? I haven't seen some people yet this year and when I see them what do I do?

The Charlton Internet Football Club are re-emerging. It all started with an email on friday, now we have a new web page, some new players and a game arranged for this coming saturday. It's a game against Bromley FC supporters, so if anyone wants a game ... mail me.

My tune of the day: Yesterday - Marvin Gaye

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com