Friday, September 10, 2004

Zim, zimmer ...

There's been a debate in the Metro this week about Cyclists and Motorists. One day it ws all about cycling on pavements, going the wrong way down one way streets, then there was the come back about speeding, jumping lights ... blah, blah ... blah. Not very interesting until you read a letter in todays Metro. From a guy who has been permanently disabled after a cyclist hit him after jumping a red light. No redress, and lucky to get the guy as he was about to get on his toes if it wasn't for other pedestrians. Well isn't that the problem. Anyone can get a bike and ride it on the road. No records, no insurance ... I don't really understand it. So if a cyclist hits a pedestrian and causes injury you have to lump it? Seems like it ...

It's friday and I think it must be dress down day. There were a few people on my train this morning in chinos. Usually suited and booted they had on an assortment of banana republic and gap, pleated casual strides. Now, if I ever buy and wear a pair of chinos may you all throw eggs at me in the street. Why, you should all castigate me on the pitch at the Valley live on Sky. Chinos, what's the point in them. They are so unflattering, so ... so ... Man at C&A. I'm sure I've Kev in a pair though???

Reports coming in say that Speed dating actually works. Experts say love may not happen at first sight but first impressions and all that. Experts my arse. Three minutes to impress a sad lonely old woman who can't hold a conversation for an hour, who talks about her cats and or what her last boyfriend was like. It's commical really, but I may try to ask Bern if they work ... !!!

So another weekend free from footie. We play on Monday night. I'm actually getting the shakes ... NO MAYBE NOT.

I think I have to visit the Valley on saturday to get my Arsenal tickets. It's only £33 ... and we get to see Thierry Henry run riot for 90 minutes ... oh joy.

My tune of the day: Estacao Verao - Sabrina Malheiros

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com