Monday, September 13, 2004

It's Monday ...

It's raining, the trains are all running late and there's no coffee in the office.

Don't you just love it ... ?

Another football free weekend was spent with me wasting my saturday playing cricket. We lost by 9 wickets ... played like, well played like Barclays Bankers actually, and that's my season over. It's the Oyster festival next weekend, and then it's a Carlisle vs London weekend down in the smoke. Happy days ...

We are playing Southampton tonight, so the odds are on a refereeing decision to take centre billing. Well it seemed that way over the weekend, so why should it change with a match live on Sky. Having ref'd a few matches in my time my sympathies were with Mark Halsey. But knowing what sort of referee he is made me choke slightly. I remember him giving the Arse a penalty when we were 4-1 up at Highbury. Henry dived over Fishes leg and got the decision. It was Highbury so the odds were on it being given but on playback it was never a pen. Anyway, I digress, if a ref makes a wrong call it is good that he can consult his linesman (yes it's a bleedin linesman) and then change his decission. It was never a penalty anyway. As for the disallowed goal, John had both hand on Toures back and pushed as he headed. Er, that's a foul ... I have given a penalty when the rolls were reversed in the past, only for the complaining defender to tell me after the match that I had made the correct call. Don't you just love footballers. Anyway, it will be strange tonight, I haven't seen a match in weeks and you can guarantee that the Charlton players will act as if they have never seena ball in their careers. We've been here before ... so don't tell me I'm too pessimistic.

The sun is shining now, so the sweat shirt I put on today was the wrong call. Typical ...

I went to a christining/ 40th birthday party yesterday. It was quite an affair over in Wanstead, in a big marquee with shed loads of food. Poor old Horace was on a new wheat free diet so couldnt have the roti or macaroini cheese his favourites. He had to make do with salmon and salad. Poor boy. Typically Glen lost his car keys so didnt turn up til just before 8. Given that I had been there since 1, he and Rod missed out.

My tune of the day: Happy - Surface

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

charlton what a performance NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Anonymous said...

wheres todays ramblings?

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com