Monday, September 06, 2004

From frying pan to fire ...

So the whole of Englands failings as a football nation are down to David James? The Clown Prince of goalkeepers, who famously played 10 hours of playstation before a big game. This is the same David James who has about 100 kids, was a model and vwas in the papers for a fling with an ex schoolfriend. Excuse me if I spit ...

It's only a game ...

I'm feeling a bit fragile today after a long day at cricket yesterday. We were down in Limpsfield, yes ... I know, against Cooksley and his Beechwood lot. A interesting game played in nice hot conditions. We kept them down to 143 and reached the target for 4 wickets. Given that I went in at number 6 it's with great pleasure to inform everyone that I hit the winning runs. Oh my, I've still got it.

Well we are up and running in September. Is summer over ? Are the nights drawing in ? What do I want for Christmas ?

Now here's something for you. I'm reading the Metro on the way to work. The letters page is always a blast. Right, they are talking about bargains, and how people have been conned. There's a bloke writing about how he bought a camcorder, camera, mobile phone for £250 from a market stall in Hackney Wick only to get them home and find the bag was full of milk. Hang on ...

Has anyone here ever bought an expensive piece of kit from a market stall? A PC, or an ipod ... ??? You just wouln't would you ?? Maybe it's just me ...

And another thing ...

We had a bomb scare in Hither Green Lane of Saturday. The first I knew was when I turned the car into the Lane at about 11:30 only to be met by a Policeman on horseback. I parked up and started to cross the road to get in my flat.

"Oi, where are you going ...?" said the horseman ...

"To my flat there ..." was my reply

"Not at the moment you ain't" he came back at me.

So there I was a bagfull of groceries, ones for the freezer in one hand and my binoculars in the other. Only joking there. There was a suspect package in the Post Office. How can they tell what is a suspect package? Why would anyone want to bomb the Hither Green sub post office? Anyway the bomb squad turned up and found it was a mobile phone.

Thanks anyway ... that's £25 quid of meals for one ruined.

My tune of the day: Free Nelson Madella - Special AKA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You shouldnt buy those meals for one, as they are full of fat and e numbers and may ruin your trim figure.

As for your recent records of the day, you obviously didnt listen to norman last night who basically relived the carnival in two hours. The best record of the show, Hollywood - Rufus (break used in recent E Badu LP) wicked

Ric said...

And why would I relive the carnival experience???

I was there, and have been trying to recover ever since.

Hollywood .. shmollywood ...

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com