Monday, September 27, 2004

The King is dead ... long live the King

So, I said I wouldn't mention it as I danced round the Mooneys living room having watched Browne and Bradshaw put on just over 70 runs to win the ICC Trophy. But after a stupid text from King of the Numpties Kevin Everest I thought I would rub it in. Yes, yes ... I realise that West Indian cricket is down in the doldruns, there isn't a player in the current team that would have got into the Squad in the late 70's, 80's and early 90's. But in reality they have just won the World Cup euqivalent beating England in their own backyard. So for the record Kev, you wouldn't know the first thing about the three W's ... so go back to the Little England community you live in and revel in your canal view.

Respect to Mr Cooksley who pointed out that Engalnd do actually win the Darts each year, apart from when that Dutch bloke, and the Canadian win it.

Well that was a weird weekend. As mentioned I was expecting visitors. Part of the Carlisle Dolly squad. However things didn't go to plan and I think I ruined a good friendship. But I'm not going to sing about that on here ... people who know ... KNOW, it's all about respect.

So here's a question. Do people believe in love at first sight, well maybe not love but a bit more than lust, some deep seated feeling. Ok, maybe not at first sight, but what about having weird feelings for someone that you haven't seen for about 5 months and have only just started speaking to again? I ask, because a friend asked me ... and I didn't know. It did make me think though.

It's football tonight. We are at home to Blackburn and their new manager Mr Hughes (no not that fat 80's wrestler in the Blues Brother costume) the current Welsh manager Mr Hughes, you remember the bloke who when playing for Everton got Carl Tiler sent off. Anyway we are unbeaten at home and Blackburn haven't got an away point since April. There she blows eh!!!! There she blows!!! There was a good article in the Independent on Sunday yesterday about Danny Murphy. He seems to talk sense, even though I suppose some of the stuff shouldn't be said in these PC times. PC times my arse!!! I've never known what that means, so if OUR Danny wants to play for an English Manager why shouldn't he say so. Any way on another issue, we are still missing Paulo ... he was an entertainer.

Oh ... here's one for the purests. Luton, yes that Luton has been voted the worst place to live in Britain. It was nominated for it's ugly architecture and lack of anything to do. Other rivals included Windsor, Sunderland and wait for it ... London. Not that there London. London or Luton ... you take your pick. Also before I forget there was an article written in the Evening Sub-Standard on friday about the great North-South divide. Yep, the North-South London divide. Some muppet was banging on about all the good things in London are North of the river. Yep, yep .. yadda, yadda. He was saying how the only thing to venture South for was the Tate Modern and thats only just South London. But he then went on to say how he was born in Birmingham, lived in some other place. Well sonny, why don't you just do one. These out of towners who come into our great city upsetting the applecart. Just get the first plane to Sweden muppet.

My tune of the day: Cornbread, Fish and Collard Greens - Anthony Hamilton

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com