Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Down to earth with a bump ...

Why is it that after a great weekend you always feel so ... ya get me !!!!

I got home last night to a whole heep of washing up, clothes washing, ironing ... yadda, yadda. I live the life. I was even contemplating a trip to Grimsby to see the might Addicks, but who wants to go to Grimsby on a cold wet tuesday evening. Actually I lie, it's was only the fact that I'm desperately needed at work otherwise I would be in the car with Mr Portch. Goodbye Horse indeed ...

So Brian Clough has passed away. A great manager, but he never really effected me in any way ... I don't really gloat on all these football figures etc, etc ... but I do remember singing "Brian Clough is a homosexual" at the City Ground on a few occassions, don't ask me.

I should be calling this page "The King of Swing" after the golfing heroics over the last few days. But I'm sure what with my reputation a few people will get the wrong idea ... hey Kev ... ??

I was on the train this morning standing opposite a woman reading a book. Blimey I hear you all cry. Yes, yes ... it was a book. The title of the book. Well here goes ...

The Stronger Women Get, the More Men Love Football: Sexism and the Culture of Sport .

I had a look on Amazon. Blimey what a read. The Synops, a critique of sexism in contemporary sport in which the author shows how it affects women and men outside the playing arena, examining how women are excluded from participating in sport on equal terms with men, and how all-male sporting environments foster misogyny and sexual violence.

And there's me thinking that people shouldn't read Harry Potter. Participating in sport on equal terms. What!!! Foster misogyny and sexual violence ... jesus!!! Have I missed something here? So the fact that I contemplated going to Grimsby would have turned me into Gazza, or even Mike Tyson. That's one for the lads to discuss ...

Right, it's nearly time for my Fabulous Abs and Bums class at the gym ...

My tune of the day: Love the feeling - Leroy Hutson

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com