Friday, October 01, 2004

Bombay Mix is gonna get ya ...

First things first. Millwall are out of Europe with little more than a passing mention. Or they would have been. It appears that up to 4 of their fans were stabbed over in Hungary. It's a game of football, whatever Bill Shankley said ... it ain't worth it. I was trying to put this into a Charlton perspective. Say we had qualified in 5th place last season and got into Europe. Would you have gone? Damn right you would!!! Hungary away just for a few days, quality. Then the realisation hits home. Eastern Europe, bad boys on mass, this ain't China. It's bad enough going to Kingston upon Hull or Grimsby, but being left to your own devises in a far flung hostile environment. Not what I would have wanted from a European experience. I know a few Millwall people, even class them as friends, and most of my Mums side of the family are all from down the Blue and off of Jamaica Road. So would I have wanted them to go to Hungary and end up like these lads. No I bleedin well wouldn't, so for once I'm going to send a big shout out to the Millwall.

Now onto other things, when do we play Palarse in that Cup????

I was flicking last night, you know flicking between channels and I came across that reality programme - The Farm. I'm hooked. What the bleedin hell is this all about? Rebecca Loos talking about her sexual adventures, Vanilla Ice threatening to land one on Terry Christian, Stan Collymore being voted Farm Manager ... I'm definately going to be tuned in for this one.

Sod the Grand Prix story, the best one I've seen today involves Asda and the fact that they were selling Dr Death costumes in their Hyde store yards from where Harold Shipman had his surgery. Now I shouldn't laugh, but I did ... even though Asda stated that a donation is now being made to victims families. Scotch Egg anyone?

It's another weekend and we have some footie this weekend. I say some footie with tongue very much lodged in my cheek. In fact we go to Highbury/ Library to take on the current Premier League Champions, current league leaders ... and the team who have not lost in something like 47 games. Law of averages and all that!!!!! No I don't think so either ... but lets just give it a go.

My tune of the day: Come on over - Teddy Pendergrass

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com