Monday, October 04, 2004

Aye Carumba ...

Well that was that!!! Our boys took a hell of a thrashing at the hands of the Arse. It's no consolation how good they are, they we just didn't compete. I've seen us battle there in the past but this was by far the worst attacking performance in years. We had a total of zero shots on target. Zero ... now even CIFC would have had a shot. It started so well, a few bevies in the Gas Light in Finsbury Park, banter with Lopata, Vince, G and Bern. I even ate a bag of peanuts, and I never eat peanuts. Then we had the fun, sitting watching a load of poop with the only entertaining thing being that the Bald Stewards recognised me from last year. I actually left the match 20 minutes from the end. This was the first time I have left a game early since the early 80's, but it was raining, it was all down there end and I was pished. We had a mass exodus back to Arsenal Station then poor old Inspector Sands was left to help an elderly Arse fan who had slipped on the slippery tiles. The rest of us ran off to jump on a train that then got stuck in the tunnel for 25 minutes, oh the joys of North London.

I had a nice relaxing day down at my Mums yesterday. I actually lay on the settee for about 8 hours, watching all sorts of silly TV, like X-Factor and the King and I. I was treated to a nice lunch of a rack of lamb and had a leisurely drive home. It's so annoying driving a Mini on the motorway as all those 4x4's seem like they have their full beams on. But hey ... I'm not moaning.

Did I mention that I pulled a calf muscle on thursday. I kid you not my whole leg is throbbing. That's going to put me out of action for a week or so, but I might go and do some weights on Wednesday. Saying that though, I'm starting the Atkins again for 3 weeks today. Eggs and ham, egg's and ham ... in three weeks I will be Dr Seuess.

My tune of the day: Love of my life - Erykah Badu

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com