Monday, April 04, 2005

Let's be avin' you ....

Was what Bowyer said to Dyer, or visa versa, but it is funny. It was like watching Hogan vs. the Ultimate Warrior from back in the day. As they say on Soccer AM

EASY ... EASY

But for all Charlton fans it brought back memories of the Derek Hales and Mike Flanagan clash from 1979. Now that was a spat, not the Newcastle handbags. I thought it was funny how Shearer was left fuming. It appears he instigated the press conference to make them apologies. Good work Alan ... NOT.

Talking of football, I went to a game on Saturday. Charlton vs Man City. Well I call it a game, but at times it was more like a murder mystery game. I would say that Charlton were at their inept best. Out of position, slow, passing to non existent team-mates, you get the picture. If it wasn’t for Deano, some Charlton-esque finishing from Jon Maken and some luck we would have been about 6-1 down. As it was we regrouped and stole a point with a very late equaliser. If you were a City fan you would have been gutted. As a Charlton fan I can't wait til next season.

I spent part of yesterday watching a tribute to Bill Hicks DVD. The goat boy sketch was quality. It's hard to believe that he dies in 1994. That's another must watch.

I'll be 27 in two days time. Have I mentioned that? It’s strange because over the last few years I've had Champions League semi-finals on my big day. Luckily Charlton haven't been involved so I don't really give a toss.

I'm not going to mention the passing of the Pope. Although some of it seems strange to me. Even Bertie Raznil had to mention it on the Netaddicks site. Why, I'm not sure!!! But I’m sure he was aware some of the responses he would get. One of the weirdest things that I heard was a couple of women from Scotland being interviewed in St Peters Square. They said they were in Rome and felt drawn to the Square. The atmosphere was dignified, quiet and made for reflection. They then said that they were glad they were there as it was a once in a life time experience. Hold on. I'm 27, and Pope John Paul the first was elected and dies within a month back in the 70's. So that makes 3 Popes in my lifetime … yea, yea. Work it out yourself. So how is that a once in a lifetime experience. Also given that they are going to elect a new Pope who will be in his 70’s … well you get my drift.

My tune of the day: Eye of the Tiger - Survivor :)

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com