Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Centenary my a$$ ...

It may only be known by a few but this year ...2005 is the 100 year old Centenary of two of Londons senior football clubs. In 1905 both Charlton and Chelsea were founded. Blimey what a difference a hundred years makes. Chelsea are looking forward to winning the Premier League and maybe going onto win the European Cup (Champions League yeah right!!!) Us, and I say us ... Charlton are going downhill fast both on the pitch and off. It appears the players can't be arsed, the supporters can't be arsed ... and lethargy had taken over the asylum.

You see for little under a year there has been talk of a Supporters street party in Eastmoor Street the original location where the Mighty Addicks were formed all those years ago. It now appears that due to conscerns about fly tipping and hooligans (!!!) it's being relocated. Yep relocated to the Valley Car Park. I will repeat ... the car park at the Valley. Hmmmm, I say ... a double hmmm I say.

It just seems to me to be quite typical. For whatever the reasons, the merits, the problems, the personel, we seem to do all our washing in public. This person doesn't like this person, who doesn't like this person. And so on. We can't put it all to one side. Oh well ...

I won't say piss up in a brewery, because it's a car park.

The trains were up the creek this morning. When they don't work they bring out a plethora of fools. People who want to read broadsheets on a packet train. Put therir bikes on a packed train. Read their books walking up the stairs. Cut across you as you walk down the tube. I could go on.

My tune of the day: Again - Faith Evans

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com