Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Foie Gras anyone ... ?

Or even better a burger at Wagyu, made from strains of beef imported from Kobe in Japan. This beef is reared on beer and massaged until it weighs three quarters of a tonne. It's only £55 though ... so I'll be passing that one up.

Do you ever get the feeling that you've missed out a large chunk of your life. I seem to have been pottering around doing the same jobs for ever. I should be up there doing something that would make my life complete!!!! Right-o, I'll get my coat.

I was reading Inspector Sands "All Quiet ..." and was a bit perturbed that he says "The worst thing about being a Charlton fan, is other Charlton fans." Hmmm, is what I say. In reality I have nothing in common with 99% of Charlton fans other than Charlton. There is the odd exception ... that 1% that I am glad I know. However my views on Charlton are quite long standing, and can be ... no are a little selfish. You can argue that Charlton are now an established Premier League club, with aspirations of getting into Europe. People will say that they would much prefer to be travelling to Anfield than Gresty Road, White Hart Lane to Roots Hall.But hang on. Word on the street was that the Living Dead were all herded onto the free coaches last Saturday. Then moaned when anyone stood up, sang, swore, chanted etc, etc. I've been in those Charlton crowds. Bolton and Gillingham in the Cup. Man Utd in the league every season, and so on and so forth. That's why part of me doesn't want to travel away. I don't want to sit in front of people with travel blankets over their knees like I did at WBA the year we won the First Divison. I don't want to be told to sit down and shut up because I stood to remonstrate with the ref when he didn't give us a penalty at Elland Road. Now I am not romanticising about 85 of us being at Grimsby, or going to Hudderfield and Oldham in back to back weeks. But I remember going to Barnsley, Birmingham, Stockport with people who wanted to support the team, the way I want to support the team. So yes I'm being selfish ... and yes, I'm not going to any more away matches until they sort out who I can sit with, the pricing is brought into line a bit more. Chelsea want to charge 40 squid for a game that's live on Sky. That's my Sky subscription for a month ... what do you think?

There seems to be football on the tele ever single day. There must come a time when we don't want it any more.

Oh well maybe that's just me ... I'm all footballed out ... and I haven't seen that many games.

My tune of the day: Free - Stephanie Mills

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com