Monday, April 25, 2005

Age is but a number ...

Or so you would think. But now I'm being accussed of being ageist. It did make me chuckle.

Luckily I didn't go to Norwich, to see old boy Svensson bang home the winner in the 88th minute. I tried to picture myself there, but I was sitting in a pub in Fleetwood eating Chocolate Chip cheesecake when I saw the score, and I knew where I'd rather have been. It's quite laughable watching Charlton at this time of year. But if one suggests it's not good watching it we are told to sit down and shut up, remember where we have come from, look at the likes of Leicester, Nottingham Forest, Kingstonian!!!! Kingstonian, I ask ya.

I have to say that times do change. We are not paying players the sort of wages that Chicken Chapple and Kimmy Grant received we are paying England Internationals like Francis Jeffers and Danny Murphy shed loads. So if I expect something a tad better than Granty then I appologies. For the money Francis Jeffers must be the worst player to have played for the Addicks for years. That's taking into consideration his past clubs, his international pedigree and wages. He isn't fit to lace the boots of Sir Clive and Andy Hunt, and you can quote me on that. In fact he isn't fit to lace big Carls boots.

I can't wait until Sunday. UManU come to town. Luckily I won't be anywhere near the Valley.

My tune of the day: Evil Vibrations - Rebirth

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com