Monday, April 11, 2005

Football, football ... I love football

Sang Frank Sidebottom. But he probably never supported Charlton (well he was from Yorkshire)and probably was never on the Pink Oboe (CAFC email list)!!!! If he had he would be a little like me, in a conundrum. Now I support Charlton, I want them to win ... but I know they won't so I can't be bothered. Now should I be bothered, or should I not? That is the question!!! Well, I wasn't fused about going to Pompey. Mainly because it's a ... pardon my French, a shite house. No covering, seats bolted onto a terrace, full of Jolly Sailors. That's not me thanks. All for 30 bar. But this Saturday against Bolton is my last game of the season. It's quite apt really as Bolton away was the first game of the season. So we'll start and end with a bang ... NOT!!!

In comparison I watched the Real Madrid/ Barca game yesterday, and what a game it was. Goals, skill, headbutting the post and a couple of Englishmen looking quite at home in the company. I'm not Michael Owens greatest fan, but he did look the part. Beckham was quite good as well ...

But I did think that is it the same game that these teams play in comparison to Charlton. But then I think that supposedly some of the Charlton lot are on (reportedly) maybe £10-20 grand a week. That to me is unbelievable. They don't deserve £100 a week. But hey what do I know ... er, I know enough to keep my money in my pocket and let other people pay to watch the dross.

I also caught some of the Masters Golf from Augusta. In reality a stupid, crass game ... but on occasions unbelievable. That Tiger Woods putt on the 16th ... well, if you haven't seen it ... believe.

Now I'm not one to discuss my politics, but with the Elections less than a month away, it's all a bit in yer face. I would have to say everything seems Politically motivated at the moment, but I still don't get it. I'm still waiting for the extension of opening hours from the last election 4 years ago. Seems like I have a bit of a wait on my hands. My Mother keeps telling me to vote Labour because she wants a free bus pass. I am lead to believe that Labour have promised a free bus pass for all over 65's. But if I do vote because of that, you'll find that they forget they said that, or the admin of it will take them 4 years to get them out to all the over 65's. Oh and then we have the Conservatives and their boarder police. They keep saying that Immigration Officers and Labour don't know how many illegal immigrants are in the country. Well isn't that why they are illegal? They have snuck in, through the proverbial backdoor, so of course you wouldn't know how many. Oh, ok maybe it is me then !!!!

Now the question I am asking myself is can I get away with a corsage ? Oh well, the sun is shining, I may give it a go!!!

My tune of the day: Kinky Reggae - Claude 9

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com