Thursday, February 17, 2005

It's my team ...

So come on then, how do you choose your team? Or maybe how do you get lumbered, well you know what I mean. There are still some unfortunate 30something Londoners lumbered with the tag of Liverpool supporters, even though them Scousers had their day back in the 70's, early 80's and there will be a plethora of twentysomethings in ten years time who are lumbered with a decaying Chelsea team, James Swowcroft leading the line ;)

I ask this question because I have just bought myself a scone. Well, hang on ... I was in the cafe listening to a couple of builders chat to the Cafe owner about getting Chelsea/ Barcelona tickets. But then one of them told him it was difficult to go top night matches (preseumably at the Bridge) because of getting home. Right, I could make loads of assumptions here, maybe he lives Reading way ... or Southend, or Southampton. Maybe he lives in Greenwich but thinks the tubes are so cack. Well I don't know, but I'm sure he's not a Chelsea resident or indeed a resident of this great city of ours. So why does he support Chelsea? Well you're guess is as good as mine, but I bet he wasnt at that match back in the 80's when Paul Miller scored our equaliser to put them in the old playoffs. I bet he wasn't. As the builders left I mentioned to the Italian Cafe owner that he shouldn't waste his time on a team like Chelsea. He laughed and said ... and I quote

" Why ...? Are you Arsenal ..."

Arsenal, what me. Why would he say that? Because if you critisis Chelsea you must be Arsenal!!! Or to be a Londoner you must be either Chelsea or Arsenal ... you must be a WINNER. I scoffed at these suggestions and said ... and I quote

"NO, I'm a proper South Londoner ... and it's Charlton, that would be Charlton Athletic."

At that point I picked up my scone, shook my locks and had it on my toes.

So come on, let me know how did you get your team?

Oh and as for the wardrobes ... here you go. Five coats and some varnish, live, love ... laugh and be happy.


Left hand side ........................................................................... Posted by Hello The right hand side ... Posted by Hello

My tune of the day: All about the papers - The Dells

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com