Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Calling planet earth ...

So the Olympic Selection Committee touch down in Old London town today. They will get chauffeured around all the best parts of our great city, missing out most of South London I suppose. This is it, this is when the decissions will be made, but as per usual lethargy has set in, and jealousy I might add. I watched abit of BBC Breakfast this morning. They interviewed a few peeps around the country and the thing that hit home to me was all those Northern muppets going on about "It's always London!!!!"

Always London you say. Well London had the World Cup in 1966, it also had the Olympics in 1948. Apart from that I can't remember much else. It's not exactly always London, is it? Anyway the funniest thing about this is the rest of the countries attitude to London, and Londoners. Week in and week out there are articles about why the North is better than the South. Why the North thinks that Londoners get it all. Well how about this then ... let them keep it. Build a bleedin wall around the South and North circular roads and keep them out. Even them muppets from Kent, sod the lot of them ....

Controversial, I think not.

I had a rather enjoyable Valentines night in the end. It was all down to Arsenal beating those Palarse idiots 5-1. I was a tad dissapointed that they didn't score more. Six or seven would have been a bit better.

I'm thinking about actually forking out for Sky plus. I say thinking, but I know I won't be able to help myself.

It was good to hear from Leigh Leigh stink of pee last night. She's now holed up down in Hove, still working weird hours but with a baby on the way. It was about time, because I'm sure her body clock alarm was sounding years ago.

My tune of the day: Gerundio - Los Amigos Invisibles

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com