Monday, February 07, 2005

Cor, phew ... what a scorcher ...

Or it would be if my central heating worked. The bleedin boiler stopped on Saturday evening. It took about 8 hours for the flat to reach the outside temperature, so it's like me sitting in Hither Green Lane.

It seemed like the lads got a good draw up in Newcastle on Saturday. Dennis scored another cracker and maybe could have had another. It seems like we could have nicked it at the end ... but you know how these things work. I watched some of the match on Football First. It seemed like the likely lads were making an effort to make a noise, and I could hear "Valley Floyd Road" and "Oh Sarf London ..." it did make me pissed that I had missed it. Oh well, there's always next year.

I was going to watch the programme on Saturday about Male and Female memory. But you've guessed it ... I forgot it was on!!!

Oh and the Sun today compiles a guide to manliness, a code for Bernie to live by.

1. Under no circumstance may two men share an umbrella unless at footie ...

8. Men must eat at least one kebab a week on the way home from the pub ...

19. If dancing is necessary, a man may never raise his hands above shoulder level.

I knew there was a reason why I read the Sun. Just to reiterate the fact that I'm living my life the way I want to live it, no peer pressure, no suburban hell ... just the way I want to live my life. The strangest thing I've read recently was on the netaddicks when someone said that you should never wear jeans with shoes. Only trousers and shoes and jeans and trainers. Well I beg to differ. I have on my nice white shoes today with my indigo type 1 levis. They actually go nicely, in a smart casual sort of a way. If you aren't comfortable with wearing stuff why do you need to get peer confirmation? Just wear it ... and have done. I can't wait for the summer when I will once again mostly be wearing accessories - rosettes, feathers, ribbons, wrestling belts, chains.

Oh, and CIA FC lost to Dulwich on Saturday. Well I say Dulwich ... but they turned up with 7 players so we had to give them 3 players to make it a 10 on 10 match. They had four shots at goal and scored 3 times ... and two of the players that we gave them Smudge and Graeme knobbled two of our players. Oh well there goes the unbeaten record.

Oh and what a great weekend for the Rugby and Cricket teams ... all together now ... it's coming home, it's coming home ...

My tune of the day: One love - Bob Marley

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com