Friday, June 10, 2005

Vodka, slimline ... it works wonders

I seem to remember drinking shed loads of the stuff last night. It was also Keeleys birthday, which somehow I forgot to mention yesterday, but I may just have been caught up in the emotions of Charlton turning 100. There is a Centenary Party on Sunday with some people carrying a goalpost from the original site past a few landmarks including the Royal Oak to the Valley. I'll have to keep my eye's on the weather ... if the sun shines it may be a good day.

The club unveiled a statue yesterday of one of it's former sons Sam Bartram. Now a few people on the pink oboe list attended and they do make you laugh. One comment was that it doesn't look like him!!! Well it's a 9 foot bronze statue ... what do you actually want?

On a seperate note, I spied a tad too many base clumpy shoes on the train this morning. It seemed there must have been a sale on, as nearly every bloke on the rain was wearing them. Given that I am wearing my pointy whites this morning maybe I was just hiding my inferior complex.

I'm just thinking about doing a spin class this lunch time. However I am feeling a bit sore from the TBC class yesterday. I was the only sole in the class, so the instructor made me work. I was sweating buckets, a bit like a dinner lady ... so maybe I need a rest today?

My tune of the day: Happy Birthday - Frank Sinatra

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com