Monday, June 20, 2005

Traffic Management

So London is a vibrant forward thinking city, full of multi culturalism, forward thinking scholars and shit traffic management. For as many years as I can remember the bleedin Blackwall Tunnel (Southbound) has been shut at 21:00 on a friday, saturday and sunday night. So that means you are forced to take a detour to the Rotherhithe or one of the bridges. Well Saturday night when I wanted to get home, I left Wanstead for what should have been a 20 minute journey to Lewisham and was subjected to a 2 hour 10 minute whackey races type challenge. No Blackwall Tunnel, the Rotherhithe Tunnel clogged and Tower Bridge full of coaches. I had a look at the TFL site to see what the problem was, and they indicate that the project is due to be completed in August 205 some 17 months over. TfL are appologising, ho hum and are pushing for the works to be finished. Pushing, jesus ... surely they should be fining the contractor?

Anyway, what a lovely weekend weather wise. A couple of days of sun definately make you smile. And all the lovely ladies shed their clothes, which is cool. I would say that I spent most of Sunday sitting in a pub, and that was just as good.

Timbo brought me back a couple of teeshirts from Brazil. Just what the Doctor ordered, I'm sure I'll be wearing them when the sun shines some more.

Still no signings on the Charlton front. And what's more we aren't even being linked with anyone. Wel apart from Ben Thatcher. Quickly moving on.

Oh, I caught a glimpse of the cricket over the weekend. Talk about raise your expectations. England have already regained the Ashes ... now that's laughable.

My tune of the day: Love Will Stay - Divinity

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com