Monday, March 07, 2005

Your names not down, you're not coming in ....

It was one of those weekends. From rushing around, drinking, watching the beautiful game to lazing around watching Spiddy 2 on DVD, and having a pizza for the first time in months.

I had a few vodka's on Friday night at a bar somewhere in Grays Inn Road. It was a Sound Clash doo with some peeps from Norman Jays forum against some peeps from Giles Petersons forum. It was a bit of a love in, but it was good to have a good chat with some of the old school.

Saturday was a bit strange. An early start out in Putney. The vodka's were still kicking in so I decided on my old favourite, an espresso and accompanying white wine. The wine was a bit ropy, a bit like the football really but it was an interesting day. It was good to see some of the Charlton out and about, even if they were more interested in drinking in the Wetherspoons than the posher establishments. We eventually got a black cab to Secrets on the Finchley Road, but lasted all of 5 minutes when they tried to charge us £11 for a glass of beer.

We eventually got into the West End, but it's now all full of Eastern European Doormen, and Australian rope huggers who don't know what's what. I knew there was a reason I don't go out much in the West End.

I've just remembered that I'm going to the Jazz Cafe tomorrow to see Louie Vega and his band. A nice bit of Latin/ Afro Jazz, all very hands in the air. I can't wait.

Oh and I did watch some of the woman's League Cup Final between Charlton and Arsenal yesterday. Shocking is all I can say.

The cars still in the garage and it's still cold. Roll on Spring it's about time you were sprung.

My tune of the day: Whoopsy Daisy - Jill Scott

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com