Wednesday, March 30, 2005

You wait all day ....

to get onto this bleedin thing, then when you do it crashes ...

As they say in ho-hum land, ho-hum. Well here goes:

I have to say I never saw the show or paid much attention, but last night I did catch about 20 minutes of that Jamie Oliver programme about school diners. I would have to say it's quite amazing. Amazing that the press and TV have gone ape about what people are feeding their children. Are you amazed that some of the parents argue that the school dinner is the only decent meal of the day for some children. Turkey sizzler definitely equals meal of the day!!!! They were saying that some kids only get a bag of crisps when they get home. Well that’s not really a surprise is it? You just have to look at society in general, fat girls in shell suits, dodgy Burberry baseball caps, fake gold, and paediatricians being mistaken for paedophiles. It's classy, very classy.

It was also disheartening to see the press hound Jamie and his Misses, who eventually broke down. I’m not really surprised … it's a 5 minute story that could ruin peoples lives. Oh well.

Anyway England are playing Azerbaijan tonight. So we'll all sit around expecting goals, goals ... goals. This is all because Poland put 8 past them on Saturday. It's not going to happen though, is it? We'll huff and puff for 20 minutes, then Owen will miss a chance and we will head towards half time with the crowd getting restless. Then after a ricochet Lampard/ Cole will put us 1-0 up and everyone will be happy. Then in the second half we’ll score another 1 or maybe 2 … and that will be that, another boring match, live on Auntie Beeb. And we're going to win the World Cup. You heard it hear first.

I was reading through the Metro this morning and came across there advert/ article on 3G phones. They are saying get to grip with the latest innovations. Hmmm, is what I say? The new mobile revolution is NOT here. A phone is a phone. It is not a TV; it is not an MP3 player, a games console. Oh well maybe it’s just me, but the 3G phone I had was, well it was rubbish. A poor battery life added to poor reception … and poor customer service. That’s my experience. Broadband in your pocket, my arse.

My tune of the day: Precious Love – Barbara Tucker

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com