Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Land of the living dead ...

Well that's where I was on Monday about 5ish in the afternoon. As I kicked back on the settee, the realisation that I was feeling all of my 27 years hit home. It had bee a wondrous and joyous few days, out on it ... a bit of an Old Skool adventure.

It all started fairly mundanely on Thursday with a trip to the Ideal Home Exhibition. I hadn't been for a few years, and when I got there realized why!!! It's full of tat, gadgets you wouldn't want, and not very much else. I did want to get a few ideas about sofas, but could you find a sofa section? There were a smidgen of sofas, on display but nothing major. It was a bit of a disappointment, but that's life. Full of disappointments ...

However, we then took a turn for the better. Thursday night and the Faith Party at Rouge. A top night, with top people, top DJ's, top Geezers, top Birds, it was a corker. I bumped into Tim Murray and his wife. We had a good chat, about old times and stuff, it was good to see them. I couldn't believe it was so long ago that we lived up at Maze Hill. Time does indeed fly. You need to enjoy yourself, get out there and make it happen.

It was a strange end to the night though. One of the girls we were chatting to, Nerys lost her bag. In it were keys, phone, cards. The other girls started to look for it, but forgot what they were actually looking for half way round. It was a surreal moment. However Nerys then had the conversation from hell with the Orange customer service team, so it's not just Three ... then we all decided to get the bus home. This was before one of the girls, and this point I am mentioning no names, decided to go swimming in Centre Point. It was 07:30 in the morning, although the sun was shining ... it was damn cold. Anyway a bus ride to Bethnal Green and the party continued.

Given that there was no football this weekend, I can honestly say I didn't miss it. I actually watched the England match, but really don't get that bothered. A weekend without Charlton playing is nothing new. The Premier League have definitely shagged up schedules and in fact don't give a toss about supporters. So I have to try and get myself up for a 12:45 ko against Man City this Saturday. It's all very strange really.

Anyway ... onto Saturday night and a party over in Finsbury Park held by Rachel and Troy. It was a pink themed party, hence the get up. I seem to remember it rocked. I remember, but it's still a bit vague. I also donned my white cowboy boots, and would say they look good tucked in.

Sunday afternoon involved a Pizza in London Bridge, some standing around outside Love Puppy (I say standing around, but I meant, turning up, seeing the queue and going for beers in Covent Garden), then partying the night away at Turnmills at Houseology. The beers was a bit mad, as some bloke came up and said his bird recognised me from somewhere. It appeared that it was from Southport, which was funny for all of about 30 seconds.

Anyway ... Houseology. A night of Funky/ Soulful House. But for me the night you realise that nothing is safe. This would have had to be the worst crowd ever to have graced a function with me in it. Chav doesn't come into it, as there were the regulation checked shirt wearing Burbenites, the Burberry wearing "Ragga-girls", Winston Silcott !!!! Plus much, much more. It was a shame as Paul Anderson was ripping it up with a few Choons, but hey as I say ... you can't have everything!!

Anyway ... it's been a strange couple of days, but I am going to book a facial for my birthday. You don't get to look this good by leaving it in the hands of the gods.

My tune of the day: MISERY - Kimara Lovelace

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com