Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Our boy in Brazil ...

So Timbo flies off to Brazil, and I'm gutted. How good would that be, three weeks in Ipanema looking for that girl, who was looking back to see if I was looking back to see ... well you get the picture. He's actually going to Argentina whilst there to see Argentina against Brazil in a World Cup Qualifier. How good is that?

Well I had a manic weekend. Another party til you drop episode, up to the point that I couldn't get down to Maidstone to play in the Netaddicks cricket match yesterday. I would say after 3 days and not much sleep I would have been as good as your average Bangladeshi medium fast bowler on the fifth day of a test.

The weekend actually went by pretty quickly. From Stanstead on Friday night through to lying on the settee yesterday watching that King Arthur flick, it's all a bit of a haze.

I seem to remember the fun beginning at a bar near Brick Lane on Saturday night ...
Loungelover for a couple of champagne cocktails darling. Then after a swift stop in Limehouse onto the Hed Kandi party at KOKO Back to Love Party . Well that one was a bit like going back in time. It was like reliving those old Rave days. The people were sweaty and a little off the hook (I'm using that phrase to recapture it from that muppett on BB6). Anyway we stayed for about half an hour then Big Dave "The RAVE" announced that sod this, we should just head over to Pushca 3000 that would be more up our street. How right he was!!! Glam people, so we fitted in right away, but what happened to Timbo ... only time will tell.

Anyway, this ain't no club land listing site so I'd better crack on.

The beigels on the way to Bethnal Green were just what the doctor ordered. I was starving. It's funny how you need some sort of food at 6 in the morning. Hark at me.

Anyway I'll save the best til last. It was a bank holiday weekend so that means the Sunday is a continuation of Saturday. So what do you do on a bank holiday Sunday? Yep you've guessed it.

Love Puppy

Now word was that the last one in Holborn was a tad too hard. I wouldn't enjoy this one. But hey we were out. Timbo was back and ready to party, Big Dave had cleared his head, and the Fishy people were down in the smoke. What more could you ask for? There will be some pics at some point, but I'm still waiting on the Southport ones, so don't hold your breath.

With regards to Lovepuppy it was good to bump into fellow Charlton boys Paul and Andy. They seemed to be "Avin it ..." which is always good. Respect.

Well ... we're back at Upton Park next season. The Appy Ammers got promoted and that made Mush a happy man. What the difference a year makes??? But then again they've just put his season ticket up to £700. Blimey. Oh and the West Indies won a test match. That just about rounded the weekend off.

I'm sitting here, the sun is shinning but I would love to be in Brazil.

My tune of the day: Father - Kenny Bobien

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com