Monday, May 16, 2005

Farewell my summer love

So that's that then ...

The end of a fairly mundane season, resulted in most of the ground singing that Amarillo song, well I say singing but you know what I mean with the words changed to save the innocent.

First things first, we sent Palarse back to the Nationwide (sic!!!) We'll replace them with West Ham as we always have good games against them. But all in all, the performance left a lot to be desired. The crowd were up for it, that was due in parts to 3 hours in the pub ... but when we kicked off we knew within minutes that we were in for another lackluster performance led by Captain Clean Shorts and Hughesy. But fair play to Hughesy he shined his goal in superbly.

I think Curbs needs to get a few things sorted. He needs a settled team, playing 4-4-2 ... and he needs to get rid of some of the dross. The dross that still gets thousands of pounds a week to kick pig skin around. We need competition for places, and I mean proper competition. If Curbs isn't going to play Sam or the likes then off load them. I want to see proper competition, players having to perform to be in the team. A good solid, young centre half ... like Curtis Davies from Luton. A ball winning, bleeder of a midfield player someone like er, Scottie Parker ( more sic!!!!). A forward who can win us penalties ... a bit like Andy Johnson ... now how funny would that be ... no it wouldn't would it!!!!

The time has come to have a real good spring clean. Get the players in early and get cracking. It's not going to happen though is it?

On another note, I heard that Kevin Lisbie was in hospital. He is supposedly very ill. If it is true ... get well soon Kev.

I had a tidy up on Saturday, moving the furniture round, dusting, cleaning the carpet. Then I had a few visitors out of the blue. Young Teddy Mooney and family baring gifts. A waffle maker ... so now. You can't beat waffles, poached egg, crispy bacon and mapple syrup.

I've attached a few pics from Southport below. I'm still hoping there are a few more out there.

My tune of the day: Precious Love - Barbara Tucker

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com