Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The King is dead ... long live the King

Well there you go. You all knowthe news, you all have your views on why, where, when ... and who. But it's been an emotional few days.

I think we knew something was up, when what appeared to be the whole club turned up on the pitch. There was everyone including the tea lady. Someone has pointed out that Tord Grip was even on the pitch, but what that was alla about I don't know. Anyway ...we had been in Legends for Teddys birthday. A carvery, and sticky toffee pudding set the day off to a great start. I would say that I was quite stunned by the announcement. You can understand how it came about though. Curbs wanted one more year, but wouldn't commit beyond that. That left Murray in a no win situation ... and better he gets it right now, than stew on it for a year. As long as he doesnt appoint Twoddle that is. It seems strange that Curbs won't be in charge any more. I'm not going to UManU as I'll be at Southport, but it may be a strange day. I'm not sure how Curbs will feel, emotional no doubt but not as emotional as some of the fans. There were a few lumps in throats, a few tears ... and I don''t care what people say, I couldn't see the point in leaving 10 minutes before the end of the game. What was all that about? Fifteen years and you can't even spend 20 minutes to see him off. Typical of some of the people.

I'm also advocating wearing bow ties to football matches. I had a nice brown number on on Saturday that when nicely with the Sherman shirt and Tacchini tracksuit top. You had to see it. But it surprised even me.

On another note, it made me laugh when Big Phil turned down the England coaches role. Do the press actual seem bothered? I doubt it!!!! But it's funny given that they don't care. Good on Big Phil, he gets a lot of respect from me ...

As for future Charlton managers. I would like to see Stevie Coppel. Just so I could sing bthat song ... the one about his birth certificate.

My tune of the day: 4 The Love - Karizma & DJ Spen

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com