Friday, May 19, 2006

What the difference a day makes ....

Well this time yesterday we could only summise. Who would it be, would they have the rlevant experience etc, etc ...

Well now we know.

It's that freeking, geeking Big Brother. As much as I don't want to watch, there I was, PJ's and Mug of tea, squirming as they brought each and every one in. What I thought though was the need for a normal person. Just a normal, two up, two down ... football loving, beer drinking, South Londoner. Well that's normal to me. Thirteen weeks and counting.

I was watching Sky Sports News last night as the breaking news flashed across the bottom of the screen. Peter Taylor pulls out of the race to be the next Charlton boss. A little later they had him on the phone, saying how the more he thought about it the more he didn't want to be considered. All too public for my liking, but hey Pete has to be seen to be doing the right thing.

I did smile at Richard Hunts take on things. From the Pink Oboe list -

"Maybe he is insecure about his abilities, and once he had been to the interview and realised what is needed to manage a mid size Prem club he got cold feet. Happens in all kinds of management recruitment. I see it every week."

How many of you have managers that don't have the first idea about managing? They seem to have fallen into the possitions with no management skills at all, and it appears they don't want to learn any. Look after your staff ... not ruddy likely.

Anyway, for what ever reason Peter the Taylor is no more, if he ever was ... and now we can turn to Billy Davies and Sammy Lee. I was trying to think of that old Liverpool Sammy Lee song. I asked the boss here who says he is a Liverpool fan. He didn't know who Sammy Lee was!!!!!! It amazes me sometimes.

It's the late May bank holiday next weekend. The last one before the late August one. Where does the bleedin year go? Timbo's down and it's the boat party. It was the kilt last year, so I've got to find an outfit that out does that one ... it may be hard. But I'll give it a go.

Seems like Thierry is going to stay ... a big fish in a little pond me thinks. Test yourself against the best in the World Thierry, or play against Linvoy Primus ... the choice is yours.

I can't believe the weather. It's cold and wet and we have a drought alert.

My tune of the day: What a Difference a Day Makes - Dinah Washington

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com