Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Living it large ...

I took the day off yesterday,not to get over the fact that Peter Taylor is favourite with the bookies, but to get over my meal at the Fat Duck on Sunday. I went for the tasting menu which contained in no particular order: -

SNAIL PORRIDGE, SARDINE ON TOAST SORBET, SALMON POACHED WITH LIQUORICE, MANGO AND DOUGLAS FIR PUREE, CARROT AND ORANGE TUILE, SMOKED BACON AND EGG ICE CREAM AND HOT AND COLD TEA.

It was a remarkable meal, 14 courses all in all and come the end which was 4.5 hours down the line I was stuffed. I somehow managed to get back to South London, without falling into a deep sleep. I nodded off on the train but was woken up by a family of Chavs discussing STD's. You couldn't make it up.

I ended up going to see the Blue Man Group yesterday. Very strange all round, but all very enjoyable. Lots of drumming, painting, strobelights and paper. You have to go and see it.

My tune of the day: What Makes the World Go Round - Stephanie Cooke

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com