Thursday, March 16, 2006

What could be worst?

Than this drug testing malarky. I presume if you're strapped for cash you'll do something like this, there was £2k in it ... but who's going to volunteer now. It appeares that after being injected they ended up looking like the Elephant Man.

I caught an episode of the Apprentice last night. Now that was quality entertainment. The boys team led by Alexa were completely hopeless as they bought 90 pizza bases and topping for 500 pizzas. They ordered 100 chickens and then hoped that people would buy Chicken Tikka Pizza!!!!! The most surprising thing was how bad Alexa actually was. If you look at her profile it says that Cambridge University educated Alexa is one of the younger Apprentice candidates at 28. Twenty Eight, she came across as about 16. She even says "I'm not one of those people who really cares a lot what people think of me." Well after watching the show last night I think you should be. It's quite interesting that in most of the contestants they have egotistical, inept, wannabee contestants. Slightly higher up the food chain that Big Brother but only slightly. It's interesting to see how they try to get them to work as teams when they all know that there is only one job on offer. That doesn't work to start with. They are all at each others throats, bickering about the slightest thing. But hey it makes great TV.

It's still absolutely freezing out. Cricket nets again on Saturday!!!!!

My tune of the day: My Heart Belongs To You - Melba Moore


Explaining why she wanted to be on the show, she says: "I want to be The Apprentice because I think it’s the ultimate business opportunity. Working with Sir Alan and seeing how he operates would be great. I think I could learn an awful lot from him."
Alexa has been a 'go-getter' since she was at school. She was MD of a Young Enterprise company while still doing her A levels, at university she got a summer job working for an investment bank in New York and her first job after graduating was as a fast-track consultant with Ernst & Young's consulting arm which is now called CapGemini Consulting.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com