Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The price of success ...

So Peter Varney has issued a rallying cry. Support us into the semis he says, as only 20 thousand tickets have been sold. Well I think that's quite good with over a week left. You know how apathetic people are especially with the match on TV, with the last few lackadaisical displays and how damn cold it has been. There's also been a run on matches recently, the Toon, Liverpool and Arsenal away all add up. We've got Wet Sham and Foolham to come and it all costs money. Saying that, this is the first Home Sixth round tie in my lifetime, and arguably the biggest Home FA Cup match since the replay with Bristol City back in the day. I remember that because I was unable to get a ticket, but remember listening to updates on the radio. I would think that may have been the last home game I wanted to attend that I couldn't as oppossed to not being arsed.

It could be an interesting night, and could be a defining match in our season, then again it might be a damp squib. I hope there's a slight mist in the air and it's a bit like the Ipswich Play-Off match in 98. Now that was an atmosphere.

After trying glasses for 4 weeks I think I've been had over. The damn things just give me a headache, and don't improve my eyesight. I think I need to go see the Optician again and see what he has to say. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

I'm also sure I'm not really cut out for Commuting. Why do people who are seated want to be the first people off the train as it comes into the final station? People get up, push past you and stand two inches from the door. Chill. Or get an earlier train.

My tune of the day: Let The Drums Speak - Bah Samba & The Fatback Band

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com