Monday, March 20, 2006

Dare to dream ...

A very interesting weekend all in. The sun shone, I didn't have to put myself through 90 minutes at the Library. I had a nice stroll alone Lancing Beach and got to see little India for the first time.

It could have been much worst. After 9 months my Mum was being taken into Hospital to have some cysts removed from her Liver. I said I'd take her in, but it was 7 o'clock on Saturday morning. So I went down Friday night as I didn't fancy the drive at 5 in the morning. What do I know? She had to call at 6 to make sure there was a bed!!!!! The NHS rocks. Anyway they had a bed, the sun shone and we got to Worthing Hospital at 6:55. We checked in, I pulled my hat down low and shut my eyes. About 15 minutes later they called my Mum in. Happy days I thought, as I had expected a good 3 hour wait before anything happened. 10 minutes later she was back out a gaunt look on her face. They aren't going to do the op today ... she said. It appeared that in the 9 months wait, they had forgotten to do a full scan, and the registrar said that they couldn't just go blindly in without checkingon the actual position of the cysts. That seems straight forward to me, but strange that no one had mentioned it earlier. He also said that as her blood pressure was high there may be a chance of a stroke if they did an operation. Get in there. At least he knew what he was on about. It's just annoying that after a 9 month wait for such an op, she's now no better off than she was last week. Nothing has been arranged and she's still in pain.

At least I got to see Leighs little India. It's strange seeing someone you've known for years have a little baby. But it must come to us all.

Not much news on the Charlton front, apart from they were shite at Arsenal. Of course that's what I've read. There was another lot of the "wrong fans" got the tickets. It seems like the sidddaaaannn brigade were out in force and they just sat there moaning at the get up and shout brigade who tried to get up and shout. You could say it's always been like that, and I would but the argument is why can't it change. The words on the Pink Oboe list is that they should use smart technology to make sure people who hve gone to Boro on a Sunday get priority to these tickets. I have to agree here, but as I always say ... what do I know?

It's the definative week for Charlton this week ... I can't even think about it.

My tune of the day: I Don't Want You Anymore - Muthafunkaz & Marc Evans

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com