Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It's hard some times ...

I think the realisation of Charlton fans hit home last night. Realisation that in fact we are a tad shite, and have been punching above out weight. We are quite luck that at the moment, we aren't involved in a relegation dog fight, but that may what we get over the next few months. It's 12 points and counting. We recently bought Marcus Bent off of Everton for a rounded £2 million. On last nights performance he looks to be worth £2. Give him a chance they say, why I say.

At 11:55 last night as I lay in bed my mobile phone clicked into life. A text message. It sort of woke me up, but hey it might be important. Nope, Murphy off to Spudz. Sod that, couldn't that have waited until this morning?

I wanted to actually be possitive about Charlton but a fairly inept performance and the Murphy saga put paid to that. I might have to form my own Independent Supporters Club ...

I've already written about Murphy elsewhere, but I'm going to put it up here. Then I'm going to concentrate on more important issues.

"Danny Murphy has departed, some of us are crying into our cocoa. What we are left with is Bryan Hughes, Rad Kishishev, Matt Holland ... no flare, no guile, no creativity ... that's what should make you cry. Last night was typical of Charlton's home games over the last 18 months, minus a goal for the oppo. Do we want to see some of the beautiful game ... I know I do.Anyway back to Murphy.He signed on 10 August 2004 and left on 31 Jan 2006. That is approx 76 weeks or 532 days. I don't know how much he was paid but we can be sure it was at least £20k a week, so let's break it down. At £20 k a week that's £2857 per day. Over the time at Charlton he was paid approx £1,520,000. On the performance front we can right off the whole of the 2004-05 season because "our" Danny was still settling down; he came from a mill town ooop North so wasn't used to cars, electricity and pirate radio. At the start of this season he set the world on fire. Well he had able allies in Smerts and Kish who did his tackling for him and he was touted as an England "Star"!!!!!He didn't get picked for the three lions and then resorted to petulance, see the Arsenal game, inept performances Everton and has now driven his 4x4 off to North London. So all in all he received £1,520,000 for about 5-6 worthwhile performances. If I had performed that badly in my day job, I'd have been shown the door. We can only hope that's what happened. However I doubt it.What we need is some creativity. We have to wait for the summer now, and that'll be another year down the pan. I don't enjoy sitting in the cold watching what was on offer last night.So me I can't wait for the World Cup, to see Brazil, Argentina, the cynical beautiful game.Ps: If Danny Murphy had all the extras in his car, DVD player, Sat Nav, etc, etc and paid say £60k for it .... that's the equivalent in me driving round in a £1,185 old banger. Makes you think"

As Smudge pointed out the chances are that he was on more than a ball part 320k a week. But I just highlighted that here. In fact double it to nearly three million and it puts it all into perspective. I don't think booing him on Sunday would do anything. I think we need to do it the spanish way. Everyone take along a white handkerchief and wave it whenever the idiot gets the ball. We should also play the ELK in midfiled and give him an order to kick Murphy, and keep on doing it.

I'll be back on later with some better news.

My tune of the day: In The Midnight Hour - Wilson Pickett

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com