Friday, February 03, 2006

The Glow of Love

I'm just playing the Dimitri - In the House of Love CD. Luther Vandross singing the Glow of Love. Now that is what you call music. The Arctic Monkeys can kiss my a$$.

There was an interesting post from Smudge on the Netaddicks board this morning, talking about inflatable and the like. It made me a bit misty eyed, thinking about when football wasn't a game for the masses, that started in 1990 with England in the World Cup and the Premier League in 92. But I mean when football was fun, inflatable bananas, silly hats, plastic trumpets, doing pressups at Welling to correspond to the number of the player that scored. I actually miss some of the fun we had. It's just a matter of sitting there watching people clap nowadays. The Happy Clappers ... well there will be 40 thousand of them soon enough, all bused in .... window lickers????

I can't remember the last game I actually enjoyed. The whole package that is, from the journey to the game, a bit of banter and a few drinks after. It could have been Grays v Welling a few years ago ... but I cant remember really.

Question Time was quite interesting last night. A bit of a debate about freedom of speech. It's actually amazing to see the difference in peoples opinions on such subjects.

My tune of the day: I want you - Gato Barbieri

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com