Thursday, January 05, 2006

Vote Vince

Posted by Picasa

Well there you go ... Vince has stepped up to the plate and I hope is about to hit a home run. It's that time when every Charlton fan, well season ticket holder gets to chose a fan to join the board as the Fans Director. This time, we have 4 candidates. If you want to have a fair run down of them, have a look at what the Inspector has to say. I for one am not going to be fair. Life deal you out cards, some you like some you don't.

I'm actually voting for Vince because I think he will do a good job. I say do a good job, and I mean it but in reality I think it will be try to do a good job. It seems to me that the Fans Director is a bit of a scam. It's all good publicity but come on, when the shit hits the fan the Fans Director won't be asked their opinion. Not when there are millions of pounds involved of peoples actual money.

Anyway I digress. I will be voting for Vince in the main because he stands outside of the Supporters Club, the Independent Supporters Club, Fanzines, Websites he is just the common man. The average fan, Joe public ... that's what I think the role needs. We've had Sue Townsend for the last 2 plus bit years. There have been complaints that she hasn't done anything. Well who am I to know what has or hasn't been done, but VOTV indicated on the Pink Oboe list that she has done more than she has been credited for. It's a shame that we aren't allowed to know what she has done. She was elected by the fans. But hey, what's the Fans Director for you. The other two candidates stand as independents, yeah right ... but have in the past been active members of the Supporters Club, worked with or for the club, been sacked by the club in one case ... and harp on about what sterling servants they are for the cause. Yeah right. So you wrote things for a Fanzine, you chaired the supporters club meeting, you are on the radio doing a Charlton phone in programme, yadda, yadda. Isn't that your choice? Isn't that the sort of person you are? We need someone independent, the man down the pub. It's just the old school feel slightly disenfranchised from the Club. Yes we've had Target 10,000, the Valley Express, travel blankets and the sidddaaan mob. But what about the poor sod who was at the Valley in the 70's and 80's. The kid who grew up watching Stevie Dowman, Paul Curtis et al. The poor kid who traipsed over to Leyton Orient on that Sunday to see us scrape a 0-0 with a Stan Bowles led Orient team. It's deep inside. Even if I am a tad cheesed off with results. Even if I can't be arsed to travel up to Sheffield for a no win situation match. I'll still be hurting if we lose, I'll still be trying to find the result when I'm thousands of miles away. We need OUR views looked after. I live local to Charlton. Well I say local, it's 15 minutes in the car. Look after my interests. Don't take the Player of the Year doo to Maidstone, as was spouted a few years ago. It's Charlton, have it in Charlton. It annoys me that Bromley/ Maidstone/ Hastings Supporters get first dibs at match tickets. Don't tell me they don't I've heard it straight from the horses mouth. Maidstone Supporters who use Sue Townsends coach, get tickets as a matter of course. I have to join the queue like everyone else, even though I have Valley Gold.

Anyway I'm sure all the candidates have Charlton at heart (sic) but I say VOTE VINCE.

My tune of the day: Wishin You Were Here - Blaze

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com