Friday, January 06, 2006

Go there Jimbob ...

Well my posting today is taken up by me repeating Jimbobs message on the comments section. Strictly for those in the know.

It's funny really, as an individual I'm not entitled to my opinion. Supposedly. If you go on what people are harping on about on the Pink Oboe list and Netaddicks.

Woody ... he who likes freaky rock commented that Ben Hayes was a Sensible choice for sensible Charlton fans. Fairs fair ... then me being me said

"Ben Whom ... ??? I never saw him at Grimsby!!!!"

Leave it there I thought but not old Woodster ... who to quote: That's cos you weren't there! And that's what the credentials are, is it? To have been to Grimsby?

Well I say "YES" THOSE ARE THE BLEEDIN CREDENTIALS ...

But then Jimbob pipes up ... gawd bless the Queen Mum ... no he didn't say that ... but he could have ...

Being one of the 86 supporters who traveled to Grimsby 3/4 days after 5,000 went to Liverpool away in the cup I can verify that Rick was there. He spent all the game singing "I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves" from the front row of the stand to the point where their Goalie told him to shut up. I can also verify that Vince was there as I remember him moving away from Rick because it started getting on his nerves.
Anyway I know Vince very well. Although I sometimes question his blind faith and loyalty to Charlton there is no better candidate. I know he doesn't suffer fools gladly. He is also his own man as Rick will know as they have had their fallouts over the years. If you want to vote for a real fan for a change then vote Vince. If you want to vote for someone who wants to be a face down the valley then vote Brian Cole. If you want not a lot to happen unless you live in Maidstone vote Sue T. What the Bromley branch nearly succeeded in doing to the supporters club is scandalous and therefore although their candidate looks pretty sensible I wouldn't go down that road.
Charlton play in Charlton not Bromley or maidstone. If you want to live in Bromley or maidstone and want to support your local side then do it. Why can't they stick to their local interests such as dogging and wife swapping. (Karl!)
I live in Charlton and support Charlton. Rick lives in Lewisham but doesn't want the player of the year to move to Lewisham. Vince lives in Battersea but goes to Charlton to support Charlton. It is pretty simple really.
Clear this up for me. I pay £120 a year to Valley Gold to enable me first dibs on tickets. I then have to go down and purchase them in a queue like everyone else. I work, so find it difficult with the opening hours but I don't moan. Therefore why do a select few get preferential treatment. Do they pay £120. This should stop now!!

Vote Charlton Vote Vince.

Get in there Jimbob ... we all know what he is saying ... especially about the swapping and dogging. It's rife in the burbs ...

My tune of the day: Who let the dogs out - Baha Men

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com