Thursday, December 01, 2005

Lemon Pudding

I got in last night and helped myself to a low fat Lemon Sponge Pudding, with added full fat custard, but somethings have to give. I needed cheering up, I needed some sort of comfort. Yep I had been down the Valley and sat there miserable as sin as Blackburn rolled into dodge and took away the bounty. For 75 minutes we had done okay. Not great, but okay. We had been two nil up and were going the right way in shutting the game down. Oh well this is Charlton that we support.

It was summed up by Jimminy Bob saying that Teddy had seen one victory this year. He has missed some of the night games as he's 7, also the Wigan game as he was on holibobs ... but had seen one victory in nearly a year. He should go follow Luton, at least it would be an adventure.

I'm not a great lover of booing the players, but I can't condone the people who did last night. They've paid their money, taken their chance and maybe needed to get another inept performance off of their chests. Danny Murphy got man of the match according to the Sun. Yep Danny scored a good goal but spent most of the game pirouetting, moaning ... standing still and trying shots from the halfway line. When the going gets tough our Dannys head drops, he struts, snarls ... loses the plot. Oh well it's only a game of football, it's not life or death.

It also made me laugh that Kish has been getting a hammering from a lot of supporters. Well we all have different outlooks on the game, but I just see the mistakes that Kish makes actually being punished and teams scoring goals from them. Against Chelsea, against Spurs ... against Blackburn. I know he doesn't do it on purpose but a mistake is a mistake is a mistake. Sometimes you need to give him a break, let him reflect have a week or so off ... he'll still get his money.

I've just been looking at the Charlton website. It actually brightened my morning to see some of the quotes.

"If I'm being honest I would have swapped a result tonight for a win on Sunday. Everyone talks about wanting a cup run but I'm not sure how much the fans want it - it was a half-empty stadium out there. The league is what we're all about."

Yep that's why I wasted 15 notes. I could have stayed in and watched Lost.

I got the DLR into work today. I saw on the news that the trains and District line weren't chipper so decided to take a stroll. It's a different type of commute on the driverless train. It gets packed up until Canary Wharf then theres room to swing that cat. It's more of a summer trip though, so I'll be back with the bike pushers, rucksack wearers tomorrow.

My tune of the day: New York City Woman - Sunburst Band

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com