Thursday, December 08, 2005

CHRISTMAS IS A COMING ...

It finally came home to roost, Christmas that is. I went to the London Palladium to see Tommy Steel in Scrooge and I'd have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had read some reviews that put a downer on it, saying it was not a great show, a bit sanctimonious, not in the spirit of how Charles Dickens would have seen a Christmas Carol ... but I would have to say I totally disagree. If you go and see a Tommy Steel musical you know what you are getting. Songs, songs and more songs. For 68 Tommy who still gets his Pie and Mash from Manzies is a consummate entertainer. If you enjoy this sort of thing at Christmas go and see it, or stay in and watch Space Cadets.

It seems I may be doing the Christmas lunch this year. I told my Mum that it's time for her to put her feet up and I will do the duty. I think I'll take down the Jerk seasoning and some sweet potato. I hope Jimbob gets some fizzy lemonade this year.

I see that Simon Jordan got fined. It was interesting seeing him comment outside the FA. He was, in his own words appalled, but not surprised. Then he went on to say something about nobody being beyond criticism, yadda, yadda. Blimey ... I had to sit down. This is the same Simon Jordan who carpeted Charlton fans for celebrating sending Palarse down. The same Palarse who don't care about Charlton, and don't see us as a rival. The same Palarse who cry and moan about everything, look at the current Andy Johnson situation with Werst Ham. Well Mr Jordan, if I may be so bold .. sod ya.

I actually saw that Michael Essien tackle last night. I wonder why Matty Holland doesn't tackle?

I've just been told the boys are going suited and booted to the Harrison/ Williams fight on Saturday. It may give me the opportunity to try out a new outfit.

My tune of the day: Life Ain't What It Seems - Sterling Ensemble & Sara Devine

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com