Friday, December 09, 2005

Real Issues

So Jimbob wants real issues!!!!!

Did you see Question Time last night? Real Issues, real issues ... we had to endure an hour of George Osborne, smug or what. He even quoted some goings on at the first Cameron/ Blair Prime Ministers Question Time. Cameron suggested that Mr Blair was "stuck in the past", and told him: "I want to talk about the future, you were the future once." He then went on to talk about Education. Good onHillaryy Benn who commented that Cameron had said schools should control their own admissions. Do we want to live in a country that goes for this? Maybe you do. You can stop the diverse mix of kids that actually hardens children to everyday life, or just let them mix with themselves. A class full of identikit children. You decide!!

I found it strange that David Cameron hasn't wowed us with any policies. They continue to bang on about giving the people what they want, an alternative to New Labour. But think back. Go on, just think back to when Mrs T was closing down the industrial north, privatising the railways, selling off all the council houses. What was the economy like then? What was the inflation rate? The interest rate? Need I go on?

A real issue iswhetherr Rads will be back in midfield come Saturday? He has been a scape goat , I freely admit. But theydefinitelyy missed him last Sunday when Man City had the freedom of South London. It will be an interesting game. A game Charlton should win, I say should with a grin on my face. I've never been to a game thinking we were going to win. Strange really ... even the pre season games at Park View Road. I'm actually looking forward to it. There should be quite a surreal atmosphere.

Keeping on a football theme, I was browsing Time Out on my way to work. I came to the sports pages and started to read Alex Hammonds take on the Charlton/ Sunderland match. Now are all journalists the same here. Do they not know the subject they are writing about? To quote this idiot .. "THE ADDICKS HAVE TRUDGED THROUGH AND MOSTLY LOST, SOMETRULYY TEDIOUS GAMES." So what tedious games were these? The 3-2 game against Spudz, the 3-1 against UManU, the 5-2 against City, the 3-2 game against Blackburn. Surely these gamesweren'tt tedious? The idiot then goes on to say that the only hope for excitement is that Charlton continue to freefall and are dragged into the exhilarating dog fight at the bottom. Now there you have it from a London magazine. I'm not sure why they don't keep theiropinionss to themselves.

I shaved all my hair off last night. I had been thinking about it for a few days and last night I just got the clippers out. It was damn cold this morning.

I have to get cracking with buying christmas presents. I haven't the foggiest what to get people, so I'm thinking of taking half day next week.

My tune of the day: Zing! Went the Strings of My Heart - The Trammps

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com