Friday, September 30, 2005

The trains

Quite unbelievable really. There was I strolling down to the station this morning whistling a happy tune in time for the 7:54. I walk the ramp, turn onto the playform and see the train departing. Oh well I say, as I glance up at the indicator board. 7:52 is says. Hold on!!!! 7:52!!!! Fcuk that ... the bleedin train has left early. Typical that ... bleedin typical.

I happen to watch Question Time last night. One of the panelists was Stephen Green from Christian Voice. Now, I am not very religious, but can understand peoples wants and needs to worship. But the performance from Mr Green was a complete eyeopener to me. He began each answer with a quote from "The Sciptures" and bawbled on about Christian Values ad nausium. Christian Values yeah right. I've had a quick look on the Question Time web page to see some of the posters views on Mr Green. They are split ... from coments such as,

I thought the treatment of Stephen Green was a complete disgrace. Janet Street-Porter was particularly irritating. I switched off. To see a Christian figure ridiculed in such a manner made my blood boil. Jon, Bristol and

Stephen Green's performance this evening only serves to demonstrate how some factions of Christian leadership are so disconnected from society, and perhaps the gospel message, they are not able to reach out to those in need. The message is LOVE.Ash Rust, Bristol.

Well there you go, I don't get it myself .... but praise be.

Well we have the Spudz tomorrow and it's going to be one of them matches. I've got that feeling in my water.

My tune of the day: Two Sides to Every Story - Loleatta Holloway

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com