Tuesday, September 13, 2005

They're coming home ...

Well come on ... they never even leave these shores. I'm here giggling at all the fever surrounding NuCricket as I watch a bus ride through Central London. I even laughed at Richard Littlejohn this morning with his quote "You can always tell the game's up when dopey birds in replica shirts start latching on to sport, despite not having the faintest idea what's going on ..."

Come on. England won the Ashes. It's great for England, for cricket but I don't get what it's all about. They don't play cricket in schools, more people than not have told me it's a crap game, not interested, blah, blah. It's a great game. I saw Viv hit 200 in a day, Viv also steer the West Indies home against the Aussies at Lords in 83, Faoud Bacchus run out Geoff Miller from the boundary in 90 something. I even went down to Taunton with Big D and Don a few years ago to see Kent in the C&G. Given that Middlesex are my team, it was a great day out. Cricket is a great game, a great day or 5 days out if you please. Even KEV has got carried away. Now Kev is encased in Stockholm telling us how great Sweden is for Sport, life and luxury. But he becomes a true English gent when it suits him. Even up to the point of sending me a text last night at 11:30 saying, and I quote ...

" Viv Richards, Joel Garner, Andy Roberts, Malcolm Marshall, you took a hell of a beating"

Well I think England may just beat this team above. Given that Malcolm is no longer with us and Joel may have put on a bit of weight. But Kev, the West Indies have never played for the Ashes ... not even Ramadine and Valentine (Do you know who they are?)

It's just dawned on me that we are playing the Chels on Saturday. Don't you just hate the way they have bought the title. It's all a laugh though ain't it.

Life was a bit better on the trains today. Although some woman was stood in the aisle filling her nails. She was proper going for it. What's that all about?

My tune of the day: Give It Up - Eminence Feat. Kathy Brown

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com