Friday, September 09, 2005

Laughing in the face of adversity ...

I watched a bit of the news on the Katrina disaster last night. It was the first time I'd seen any of the news from a British point of view. It was quite an eyeopener and actually puts news reporting in context. I compare this to the 24/7 coverage on CNN. The news in the US can be quite critical and they do try and question what is actually going on. There was an interesting take on the Kanye West outburst where in the US they actually agreed with what he said. If they ever mentioned in over here it would be seen as pandering to this so called PC brigade. PC my ass.

An interesting day at the Oval yesterday. It has been amusing seeing the increase in Cricket in the media. It happened with Rugger now with the gentlemans game. So it's alright to sing Jerusalem, but not bang tin cans ... hypocrits.

So Curb It thinks I should get the train to Brum. I was thinking of wandering off to Borough Market instead to treat myself ... you decide.

My tune of the day: Runnin - Jon Cutler feat. Pete Simpson

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com