Monday, August 15, 2005

We are top of the league ...

Well it's not for me to gloat, or to even get too carried away. But after getting stuffed at Bolton this time last season this result definitely made the relatively easy journey up North all the more worthwhile. I'll also like to say "Unlucky" to all the overweight, sunbed loving Makem Muppets who tried to give it at the Stadium of Light on Saturday. Evidently as Jordan says what goes around comes around.


It was in effect a long old day. Up at 6:30, shower and shave then onto London Bridge. I met Rod on his way to work, then after meeting James a short hop to Kings Cross. The 8:30 was on time and a table was commandeered for the journey. We left Doncaster in our wake and arrived at Newcastle at 11:34. Now what is funny is that for weeks people have been moaning about the trains being up the swanny, that it was too expensive, that flying was the only way ... yadda yadda. Well we had no hastle, and even had a few beers on the way.

After booking into our hotel ... the Caledonian we went into town to crack on. A few G&T's, some of Mrs Vinces chips and we were on the Metro going to the Stadium of Light. Now generally the Makems are non plussed about Charlton fans. We both went through that Play Off final so we all know what's what. But you still get a few herberts, it's a shame really ... but that's the life of a football fan. It could be worst though. I watched some of the Wigan v Chels game yesterday. Now I am no Chels fan but I found it funny that they scored in the 93rd minute and even funnier that Jose had to console Paul Jewel. But when Sky interviewed some "Wigan fans" after the game one bloke in his new shiny home kit said, this is my first ever game and although a little disappointed we did ok. Another said "Hey oop, we'll be alriteeee, we'll be looking to finish 5th or 6th." Fwuk me ... football fans!!!! Quite remarkable really ... but I'm sure he'll enjoy his trip to the Valley next week? No !!!!

Has anyone noticed how although Our Anthony won BB, the papers both yesterday and today are full of Makosi!!! Exclusive interviews, following the dream love ... you go for it. After watching her interview with Davina I did wonder why the best alround housemate ever had to go through this, when the likes of Maxwell and Craig were seen as cheeky harmless chappies.

On a football note it was good to see Welling Utd get off to a great start on Saturday. I have to say I always look out for their results. Sad, yes I know.

I've just been looking up the weather forcast for London this week. Can you really trust these people? It's going to be sunny all week, or so they say. What if I wanted to have an evening outdoors and it rains? Who do I sue?

My tune of the day: You got me hung up - King Tutt

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com