Monday, August 08, 2005






It's an afternoon/ evening out in East London. Styling and profiling ... you can have some fun Hackney way.

It was an interesting weekend. Lashings of red wine, England nearly throwing away the Ashes series, Charlton crashing to their first defeat in a pre-season friendly ... and a KFC for Sunday lunch.

I won't even entertain the Simon Jordan debate. I know what sort of bloke he is, you know what sort of bloke he is ... but still there are some sympathisers. One email from the PO list states

"Jordan's very long on his own rhetoric as he showed in his article in the Observer yesterday, but the article in terms of its readability and its contents was far more lively and far more pertinent than the turgid blandness of Curbs columns last season."

Yes, I believe so. But what do we want from our manager, our chairman, our club? Cutting edge, er .. edgyness? Curbs telling a warts and all account of his day to day tet a tets with Euelly, Fanny and Merv. Telling us what he really thinks of Arse, and Jose. No, we don't. Well I don't. I want a bit of respect, respect for us as customers ... it's football, not World War 3 ... but tell that to Jordan.

I hope you all watched the final half hour of the Second test yesterday. The way England huffed and puffed, eventually grabbing that final wicket. It was finger biting stuff, even Barn would have been proud.

I've just been sent a pic of Timbo last week. I'll have to clear it before I stick it up ... but it made me laugh.

My tune of the day: I wish I didn't miss you - Angie Stone

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com : images (c) historypicks.com